Tuesday, May 5, 2009

The Pirate of Rutherford County


Wow. What a week it has been.....
Last weeekend my Lil Bro Luke came over to help me build the raised beds for our garden. When i say help me build i mean he pretty much built them as i helped. What can i say he is stronger and hammers alot faster. Anyway Monday I was in the yard finishing the beds as Coen helped, and by helped i meant taking the boards from me and building an intricate set of ramps or "bridges" we had to cross. Well i set out across the yard and fell, flat on my face. A large hole was now swallowing half of my foot and my ankle was flipped over. Nice visual huh? So after Coen quit laughing and i got up, i limped back to the beds and kept working. I know, i was stubborn. So, i couldnt go to hoopd cause i couldnt drive the stick to nashville. So we hung out in town, with ankle wrapped.

Well come Thursday my foot still hurt, but i decided to take Coen to the park to play, and so i could hoop. About 20 min in I could take it no longer and we headed to see Dr Seth at the ER. When he pressed down on the spot on my ankle i didnt know whether to hit him or throw up on him. I did neither. The diagnosis posterior tibial tendon tear/pinch. Look at the inside of your ankle, the side of the big toe, find the "ankle bone", now press into the fleshy area right below that. Thats the spot. Now imagine feeling a sharp pain every time you wiggle your flows or go up and down steps, going all the way back to that spot.Ows right. I was told to wear the boot for 2 weeks and take 800mg Advil every 6 hours.
Well, by Thursday, the cable and on demand went out. By Sunday it had rained since i put the boot on and i was soooo bored i was ready to shave the cat just to see if she would look like Mr Bigglesworth for Austin Powers. My ass literally hurt from sitting on the sofa and i could not find a Americas Next Top Model marathon on to save my live. Oh and i have constant heartburn from all the ibuprofen so i had to stop that.
So yesterday, 1 week post "Mole hole" insidence. 4 days since i started clumping around my house like a pegleg pirate, i grabbed Betty and headed off the Nastyville for Hoop. Thank god... My zen....
We rocked it out to Willie, Lynard Synard and the Spice Girls. Sunny even called me a rock star. Well into week 2 as "hobbly" as d calls me, and ready for a vaca.
So if you will excuse me, me and my peg leg are gonna go eat a clamwhich and watch the finale of "The BIggest Loser,"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH my girl. Well I love you. The finale was on last night? I thought there was still an episode or two. Hmm...I'll have to go watch it!

Shea Brock said...

there is one more episode