Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Ode to a Croc


So, today i visited my podiatrist and he infromed me, the girl who hates to wear shoes, that i ahd to wear tennis shoes for almost 24 a day for the next 3 weeks. No flip flops, no crocs, and absolutely NO GOING BAREFOOT. Seriously, just shoot me. I mean come on, it is summer, and i am known to even wear flip flops with toe socks in the winter. What in the F am i gonna do, and what have i done to my feet....

My heels have been hurting off and on for years and the past couple of weeks it has just gotten almost unbearable, so i went and saw Dr Toy. I knew what was going on, Plaantar Fasciitis, but i didnt know how bad. Well it turns out it is bad. The ulstasound revealed a heel spur in my left heel and extensive damage, scar tissue, swelling and fluid buildup in both heels. So for the next 3 weeks in am to wear tennis shoes almost 24 hours a day. I can take off my shoes to sleep, but they must be beside the bed and i have to put them on before my feet touch the floor. The only time my barefeet can touch the floor is when i take a shower.....Ouch, harsh.

I am also to take steroids and attend physical therapy....FUN

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh. I hope they improve soon..does that ever go away? I'm sorry about the Crocs, that is like the Brock Family's middle name. :)

Scott Family said...

Did Dr. Toy tell you that? He hates Crocs!