Sunday, July 5, 2009

A Sad day for Nashville


Yesterday was a sad day for Nashville as I still cant get over it. My parents have been PSL holders since the team was still the Oilers. I cant remeber how Sundays i have sat in that stadium. How many days i got sunburnt, just on one side of my face. How many times i worked night shift on Saturday and did all i could to struggle thru the day. How many times i yelled and chanted "Eddie Eddie" and "Steve" at the top of my lungs. How many times did i watch Steve pass it down the field to let Eddie run it in..... I dont know, too many times to count.

What i remeber about Steve was his relentless when it came to the game. How many times did he play with a hurt toe, hip, knee, shoulder, whatever, The man NEVER gave up and NEVER gave in. He was an inspiration and a hero to this town. He will be missed.....

0 comments: