Thursday, August 27, 2009

Punkin!!!!!!!!

Ok, so we compost in this house, yes we do. I save up my veggie, fruit, and coffee scraps and feed them to my lil wormie friends downstairs. While Denton, he likes to "compost" his own way, and by "compost" i mean open the door and throw things out into the yard... Well sometime last fall Denton took the rotten, falling apart pumpkin off the front porch and hurled it to the side of the house where, we totally forgot about it....


Well a few months ago, while mowing the lawn, Denton stopped and ran in, dragging me into the yard to look at what he found. It was a huge plant, with beautiful orange blooms and a little round "melon" of some kind growing. We all threw in our 2 cents, i said pumpkin and Denton and Coen said Watermelon. well it ws a pumpkin, obvious when it turned orange, that we had to pick the other day...

Funny thing is it is now Coens best friend, "punkin friend" actually. He plays cars with it, sleeps with it and even took it to memas, how cute. He said it is hard on the outside to protect it's "babies" and when it rots we are gonna dig out the seed babies and plant em... awe


I cant plant things that grow, but my husband farms by accident....nice

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this blog. And I think the punkin babies should come visit Aunt Jen's house next year!