Thursday, March 6, 2008

Days like these



It's days like these, moments like this when i feel truly loved, by my husband. He saw where James Taylor was gonna be on PBS, so he taped it, just thinkin i might wanna see it. He just saw it, and thought of me....That small thing makes me so happy, and makes me feel so loved....

So, i am sitting here after a long, rough week, cuddled on my couch watching, listening to James...It is just him and his guitar, just the way i like him, and he is playing all of my faves....I dont know what my draw to him is....Maybe it was being weaned on him as a child, or being named after his first wife Carly Simon....I dont know...I just love him...His voice is flawless and never changing...it is like a thick honey just ooozing out, coating my soul with it's sticky goodness...Every pluck of his guitar just strums at my soul...he has a way of immediately soothes me and takes me back, wrapping me in a blanket, I love that i still listen to him, and sing Coen to sleep with his tunes.....anyway i love him so

2 comments:

Angel said...

I am listening to James too right now-- "Handy Man", to be specific. Love me some pandora radio! :)

It's nice when hubbies do things like that, huh?

julianna said...

How sweet of him! I totally caught that on PBS the other day and loved it but what was that weird instrument onstage with him towards the end?

See? I don't need cable to survive. But I've realized the internet is an absolute necessity!

Love ya!