Thursday, January 8, 2009

Hula hooping kicked my as

Wow.....
So tonight i decided to step outside the box and do something i have wanted to do for years. So, me, a cup o joe and phil valentine headed up to Nash-vegas to atten my very first hula hoop class. Yes, i said hula hoop. Hooping was never something i could do growing up, and i had seen it done a few years ago, so i wanted to give it a try.
So i put my virgin hooping skills in the habnds of Sunny Becks, AKA Hoopgirl, hula hoop extroidinaire. She made me find my "boom boom" and after an hour i was able to keep my hoop up for about 15 seconds, to the cheers of my classmates, until it clattered to the floor.
When the hour was over I was shaky and dripping with sweat. And grinning, and laughing. I had never sweat so much at the gym, or laughed so hard working out. I wish i could go back tomorrow. I cant wait till next week. I ordered my own hoop and i am ready to go.
I think hooping might have just saved my life.....

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't even get it to stay up and go around anymore!!! My mom is an expert now..but can you remember doing it for like 30 minutes straight growing up? wow.

I'm proud of you for doing it though!!!