Sunday, February 24, 2008

Post show glow


So i am sitting here in my post-Oscar afterglow watching "Fargo" for about the hundreth time and dreaming of movies and babies.... As most people know, this is the movie that was on when i was in labor, and were my son got his name...It is one of my favorite movies, by 2 of my favorite people, Joel and Ethan Coen, who won their first Academy Award for it in the early 90's....It was surreal to tuck in my own Coen, and then watch his namesakes earn 3 more Oscars of their own...
Everyone looked so good especially hot ass Helen Mirren. I dont know how that woman does it but damn....
But my favorite part of the night was when Diablo Cody accepted her Oscar for best original screenplay...It made me cry....It gives all of us at home screenwriters hope, and gives us just a little more room to dream.... So my predictions were pretty much on, 15 hits, 9 misses....the best supprting actress threw me for a loop, i had originally said Tilda Swinton, but changed my mind after i could not sit thru "Michael Clayton," anywho....
I am gonna enjoy Frances and Joel and Ethen and Fargo, and dream of hollywood nights....

0 comments: