Saturday, February 23, 2008

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY aka "My Oscar predictions"



Okay, so this year as I have for many years past, I sat down with my ballot and struggled to fill it out. Frantically talking to myself, making little notes, and trying to debate 1000's of acaemy members every move. People watch, and people laugh, but to me this is serious stuff.....Much like men sit around in studies all over the country and play fantasy footbal or fill out the brackets to the final four....This is my thang, and i love it.

So,

Confession 1: I am not as caught up on my oscar movie watching this year, just too busy to see everything,

Confession 2: And yes, I am a little biased this year considering my sons namesake's are up for numerous Oscars, but my love for them does not change the fact that they are extremely talented filmakers, nor does the fact that i didnt pick Johnny Depp mean i dont love him, I just dont think it is his year

So here we go...

Picture: No Country For Old Men, The Coen Brothers

Actor: Daniel Day-Lewis, There will be Blood

Actress: Julie Christie, Away from Her

Supporting Actor: Javier Badem, No Country for old men

Supporting actress: Kate Blanchett, I'm Not There

Director: Ethan and Joel Coen, No country for old men

Original Screenplay: Diablo Cody, Juno ( Do it girl!!!!!!!)

Adapted Screenplay: Ethan and Joel Coen, No COuntry for old men

Bring on the red carpet and the fashion.....it is Oscar time

3 comments:

Mandy said...

I've never heard of even one of those movies. What has happened to me?

Shea Brock said...

you need to hang out more with me

Mandy said...

that must be it, shea;)

most of the problem is that i feel depressed knowing that i simply cannot afford to see movies, via rental or via theatre anymore. and i have very little free time away from little ears and i can't watch those movies with the kids around. i used to be a total movie buff.