Wednesday, January 9, 2008

I can smell clearly now

Wow today was the first day in 3 months i have wokedn up without a headache....I feel better 1 day postop than i did before...But let me back up...
So i got to the hospital alittle before 7 monday morning, they took my vitals and i had just started knitting when they came in and told me they were coming to get me. I peed and got into my sexy gown real fast and they took me to holding.
It is always surreal for me to get any surgery at MTMC, since i work there people are always stopping by to chat, Gaye who was my nurse was also the lady who taught me to start iv's 7 years ago. My parents got there late, and there were only 2 of us in holding so they let my fam come back before my surgery and say hi. Dr Bell also came by, i love him. My anesthasiologist was actually a guy i went to high school with, Wayne Henderson, funny. So they took me to the OR at 8:39, i breathed the mask and was out.....
I woke up in recovery and drank some coke and was taken back to my room. Dr Bell went out and talked to my family and I went home. Dr Bell said he drained alot of mucus and puss out of my sinuses, he said it was one of the worst cases he had seen. My sinuses were grey instead of pink and there was alot of junk just sitting around in there..Yah...
I have slept most of the time, but i was up when sweet Jen brought me a frosty, and it was good. My throat is so sore from the tube and it felt great.
I went to my post op appointment today, which i was dreading, but they numbed me up so much i couldnt even feel my front teeth. When Dr Bell had the scope in my nose he handed me the eyepiece so i could look into my own sinus cavity which was super cool. I still have some paking in that he will remove thursday...But all in all i feel great. I am a little swollen and sore and really want to blow my nose, but i am doing my washes with my water pik and taking my meds....Thanks for the thoughts and prayers....

1 comments:

Angel said...

Love you! Glad you have some relief finally and I'll continue praying for even more to come your way! Take care.